SL Chat time

SL Chat time
Its Coffee Time

Saturday 6 August 2011

“Love is a Battlefield”

Sitting here sipping my Vittoria Coffee, hearing about the latest stock market crash on the news, I thought to myself no wonder people come onto SL (Second Life) to escape what is happening in real life (RL).   For example: there are so many ‘Disasters; heat waves; Tornadoes; Cyclones; floods; and starvation’.  I mean really! Isn’t there anything going right at the moment, is that why we need to seek inward within SL, to escape reality and create that moment of pleasure and happiness that we need in our lives?

A friend of mine in SL once told me when I started writing blogs that I should write about my failed relationships, well, whether they would be considered failed or not; In RL it isn’t perfect and whose is? Although it could be a lot worse!   I have a son who’s almost an adult, I have a wonderful husband that has his faults but honestly, apart from all that I still dream of something more in my life.  I can’t explain why, and I am sure you all have your reasons for wanting more, but I can empathize with those who have fallen in love in Sl. 

Curiosity led me to SL a long time ago and i was instantly hooked. I have met so many wonderful, caring and loving friends that I could never do without.  I also met many a male friend and in which one of them I was deeply attracted too.   We went through the whole dating scene, and we would talk for as long as I could be on SL given my time difference, in which sometimes I feel like I am on another planet.  He would email me every morning as i got to work, and or text and would be waiting for me online when i got home from work.  We had so much fun together in SL, dancing, hunting, loving, sharing interests, meeting new friends, raising horses, but above all I felt alive, like we were one.  I was totally hooked; he became my reason to start my day just so i could be with him for most of the night. This world that we created was so unique that I didn’t notice my RL begin to suffer.  It was then a decision had to be made.  Which way to go?
I actually noticed on Facebook that there is a discussion group created called SL/RL relationships.  One discussion states, “SL offers a wonderful landscape for exploration, but what many are unprepared for is the "self" exploration that often surfaces when one becomes immersed in this wonderfully perceptual place”. 

There are so many fantastic places to be alone with your loved one, and SL does offer that escape that we all miss in our lives.  Perhaps one day, we will understand what it is we are striving for, and or what we are seeking.
For those of you that may seem lost, indecisive, in love, wanting love, to feel protected, admired, to be cared for, some release, or a combination of the above; SL can offer you the magical ingredients of love, it’s all part of discovering who we are, what we value, and what we want out of life. 

What do you want out of life?

1 comment:

  1. I too have found and lost love on SL...it is amazing how it can affect your RL and how it can take over your whole life. I too am married in RL and have a son. Not sure why I need more...I never even wanted an SL relationship, but once I had one, I was hooked. Although both serious SL relationships ended badly, I still have hope that I will find love again...I think I may be crazy though lol

    ReplyDelete