SL Chat time

SL Chat time
Its Coffee Time

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Did someone say SL Coffee time?

Leaning against the wall at my favourite coffee shop ‘Central Espresso”, watching the two baristas running around frantically serving the latest fix of Vittoria coffee, I scroll through my iPhone absorbed by the latest SL updates, marvelling how talented all my friends are in Secondlife (SL) wondering what will inspire them today.

Looking at the rows of coffee in front of me I know morning coffee is worth waiting for, I think about how some people in SL underestimate their abilities not realising the true potential they hold, their ingenious ideas, the capacity to bring these ideas to fruition in a world outside of SL.

I hear all the time, there is no work available, and understand the unemployment dilemmas faced all over the world, and like myself, will be out of work shortly.  To my amazement there is some unique and inspiring talent within SL, and there are some  people that do not realise the potential they hold in their hands.  I see resemblances every day from RL to SL, who filter in the door waiting for their morning coffee.  People who are talented like yourself: Fashion Designers, Photographers, DJ’s, Writers, Architects, Comedians, Artists, Store owners, IT counterparts, and mothers and many others who have with just one thought, the ability to bring a vision to life into a world full of such probable ideas.

 If only people could recognise that creativity can reach beyond SL, the true talent they hold in their hands and the ability they design with the mouse all inspired by that one thought - a dream, a vision.

Whilst I haven’t quite found my own artistic talents as yet, I relish the thought that I can learn from you all, and be inspired by what unfolds in front of me.  I look forward to seeing my friends in SL and think to myself whilst walking out the door sipping my coffee, the following quote:

 Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift. That's why we call it the present”. ~ Babatunde Olatunji.

Inspired by you all, I eagerly want to hear about your new creations, read your blog updates and look forward to my next morning coffee. J from MM.

No comments:

Post a Comment